Malvern Spring Show 2017

Another year means another plethora of Gardening Events and shows.

I apologise that a blog was not uploaded last Friday - It was a week of activity and hype and I regret that I could not get the computer keyboard fingers out in time.

We were busy yet again preparing for the RHS Malvern Spring Show.

The possibilities are endless! 

Lark and I left the Hayloft Nursery bright and breezy last Wednesday, laden with trolley's bustling full of plants for both our indoor and outdoor stands.
Our task was to construct an elaborate display for the indoor stand (as always) and Lark was brimming with some fantastic ideas, constructing our very own sanctuary of Eden complete with our self assembled wooden tripods and a rather large topiary bicycle - we are rare, unusual and exciting after all!!

After blood, sweat and not so many tears, our stand was in position, taking pride of place at the entrance to the floral marquee. What do you think?



Some of the plants incorporated onto this years stand were inspirational, offering a plethora of gorgeous specimens flush in an abundance of colour, texture and shape:


Dianthus Shirley Temple


Anchusa azurea Loddon Royalist


Camassia leichtlinii Blue 

Anemone Wild Swan

Aquilegia Barlow Blue


Heuchera Rio


Scabiosa Mariposa Blue
Lupin Manhattan Lights
Lupin Beefeater

Cirsium rivulare Atropurpureum

Iberis Masterpiece



Erysimum Bowles Mauve

Heucherella Citrus Shock



Primula vialii

Aquilegia Barlow Black
Heuchera Cherry Cola
I certainly would have liked to have taken all of these home. What do you think?

I was lucky enough to accomodate the outdoor stand last Thursday, meeting and talking to a wide range of our lovely Haylofters, recruiting a few more fans and selling a lot of stunning blooms.


***

Generally, this year, I noticed a considerable difference in the approach, style and ethos of the show. The RHS have upped their game and are continuously seeking to attract the younger generation. I personally think they are well on their way to achieving success. Gardening is very much current and on trend - trust me - I am still only in my mid-twenties and I am a complete gardening nerd. Malvern inspired me so much that I spent my Saturday morning weeding, constructing a brand new fire pit for the summer and purchasing a few little trinkets, inclusive of outdoor lights, wind chimes and ornaments.

I hope that those of your who attended enjoyed the show!

It is both a lovely and rare occasion to meet and greet our customers, hearing your kind and considerate feedback, .

I hope that every one had a successful Malvern this year!

Have a lovely weekend - I will be down in Dorset, exploring my mothers back garden I am sure.

becky@hayloftplants.co.uk





Comments

Popular Posts